Here we go with the highs of the week:
1. Had a delicious dinner on Wednesday night at a friend's house. Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin on the grill. Smashed baby reds. Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. Annnd an assortment of perfect tasting cupcakes. Really wishing I had taken a picture of this meal right now!
2. Got our taxes done! Woo hoo for filing jointly and getting an awesome refund!
3. I won our couple's Oscar pool--which just means I'm the 2-year consecutive winner and I have bragging rights.
4. Had a successful work week-got back into it, got a lot accomplished and am looking out to the next opportunity coming my way.
5. I read this great article in an old issue of Time called "Bacon Will Bring Us Together". It discusses the role of the "moderate" in the American political landscape, and demonstrates what I think is so great about our country--that reasonable people do exist, and the term moderate isn't always a cop-out for choosing a side of the aisle. Here is the link to the article. Unfortunately you must be a subscriber to get the whole thing! :/
Have a great weekend, y'all!!
Linking with Lauren at FMGD as usual!