Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Birchbox Time!



Well, well, Birchbox...we meet again at the mailbox.  I know I say this almost every time I get it, but I love my monthly mailbox surprise! For April, Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health Magazine...wasn't really reflected in the box (I guess I was expecting a resistance band or something??) but we all got a year's subscription to the mag!  Which I'm pumped about.  I get Self right now, and have had it for about four years and I think after reading the same fitness mag for so long you tap out on the tips and tricks they offer.


Here's my haul:

Oribe shampoo and conditioner ::  I lovedddd these two products.  I think I got 3 or 4 of the sample packets in my box, so luckily I can hoard it a little.  The smell is amazing, the lather is great, and my hair felt clean but very soft and style-able after using it over the last few days.  I might honestly consider splurging on these.

Skin & Co. Bangnodoccia Body Gel :: This body gel.  I was super excited about it when I opened my box.  And then I showered with it.  And the smell.  It was so overpowering.  Very floral, and almost smelled like something you would get at a hotel.  The later was great though, and once I was out of the shower, my skin smelled amazing and it wasn't so noticeable!  3 out of 5 stars.

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss :: I got this color, which is an orangey-red with maybe some blue undertones--my teeth looked very white when I put this baby on.  It's kind of scary at first.  It's pretty bright, and I think if I had a nice tan, this would look good....at night.  I'm just not one for bold lip color, at least yet.  I was flipping through reviews on the site, and some women had used theirs as a cheek stain--so I plan on trying that out.  I was bummed a little since it's a full-size product so it would be awesome to *love, love* this one.

via

Kusmi Love and Boost Teas ::  This is a loose tea.  I don't have a tea strainer...so I basically can't try these. I'm not a huge tea person, so I'm probably not going to run out and buy a tea strainer for these guys either.  If someone has a DIY way to enjoy loose tea that doesn't include cheesecloth, or something else I definitely don't have "laying around", please share!

Supergoop! eye cream ::  SPF 37, good texture, etc.  I use the Smashbox BB cream every day that has SPF 35, so for me this wasn't super exciting.  I'm not very familiar with eye creams, but this was something new to try, hence the whole point of Birchbox!





2 comments:

  1. Okay, we got almost completely different stuff! I got the subscription and lip stuff, but not the rest!! I didn't realize they varied so much!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commenting cuz you're wonderful. Also cuz you asked. Also I feel like I should get a birch box so I'm not just reading about these products haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will always reply as long as you are not a no-reply blogger :)