So since I just flew across the country, I thought I'd take some photos of what I keep in my bag when I'm traveling. The results are pretty surprising and a little atypical from my usual flight routine.
Here is a general overview:
2. The horrifying, but somewhat organized mess of the inside.
3. The bottom of the bag--where my change goes to die, I keep spare contacts, and sunglasses go to break in half.
4. My wallet, picked up from a boutique in Florida in Feb. A whole lot of hair ties, which I actually bought in Chicago at like 1 am. Extra contacts-you never know! And my silver cross necklace from Forever 21. Also have the gold which I wore on the plane.
5. iPad in it's keyboard case (has a wireless keyboard for easy typing when I don't bring the laptop!), the book Micro by Michael Crichton that I bought at the airport (so far it's great), and a Wisconsin mug my friend JP bought me at a Dunkin' Donuts in BRIDGEPORT. If you're from Chicago you know how insane this sounds. Basically Bridgeport is the area best known for housing the Chicago White Sox--why was this mug there? Kismet, people. I had to keep this in my purse so it didn't break this time around.
6. GUM! I always want gum when I travel, yet rarely chew it otherwise. Sunglasses, a given. Headphones for music and generally blocking out life on planes. Two books of matches from Pappacito's here in Houston...I always grab them when we leave and I guess they were in the bottom! Turns out matches are a-ok by TSA guidelines.
7. Phone charger, bording pass holder..boring. Then there's my Urban Decay NAKED eye palette. This I never pack. I am terrified that the pressure of my clothes or shoes and the plane would somehow crack all of these colors, and that would be a true shambles moment for me. I don't use any other shadows now-not even for my brows. This palette (at least for me) was 100% worth the investment, especially since I've had it for almost a year now! Also in this pic--Phenylephrine, a/k/a sniffles meds because I get the sniffles all the time on flights and hate being "that" person.
8. 1 lip balm + 2 lip colors. The far left is a mint lemonade lip gloss/balm that I've had for a while and I honestly don't remember where it came from! Center is my L'Oreal Colour Riche gloss in Baby Blossom, which I absolutely love, and this is usually what I'm wearing in photos that are on here. The far right in silver is my Clinique Almost Lipstick in Flirty Honey . This is a gorg raspberry lipcolor that adds color like a lipstick but moisturizing and not too overbearing. This Almost Lipstick line started with one color-Black Honey, and I wore that way back when I was like 14. Now they have multiple colors and I highly reccommend testing one out! Each color looks a little different person to person too, so it's great.
9. Vera Wang's Lovestruck. Favorite perfume. Bought it for our wedding so it's got a special place in my heart.
10. Cash baby. I basically never have cash, unless we are traveling. In this case, lots of singles and fives from my change in my cab!
There you have it, my travel essentials! Typically, I also have my makeup bag and Fixit mineral spray from MAC, but because the mug took up a decent amount of room, I left that in my suitcase. It totally worked because my flight left at 10:45 pm and landed at about 1:30 am on Wednesday "morning"....so I definitely wasn't trying to fix myself up at that hour before meeting Bryan in the airport!
What do you keep in your purse when you travel?