So many things have happened since this trip back to the land of the middle, but I wanted to share some of my highlights with y'all anyways! I had so much fun seeing everyone, being a part of shenanigans and celebrating one of my bff's graduation from law school. Good luck on the bar now, Nippy!
A few photo ops:
- Top left, me and my mom
- Top right, me and the law school grad! a/k/a we are the four horsemen of the apocalypse but there are two horsemen in each of us
- Bottom left, my favorite ladies and myself
- Bottom right, me and my soon to be wed bff, Nisa
Here are some "things" that happened:
- The graduates opened up a Cornoa pinata (didn't want to smash it for re-use purposes!) full of SkinnyGirl margs, Copa de Vinos, and candy
- My niece did my hair for me :)
- Got to visit with my mother-in-law and her adorable pup, Finley! He was a surprise dog almost 3 years ago now from my father-in-law, and he's the sweetest guy around
Quicky show-off of my fav things in Chicago that I got to experience while there....
2. Italian beef. This is a dietary staple as far as I'm concerned. I miss this stuff so much, and yet we only ever ate is a "treat" in Chicago. This particular one is from Ricobenes on the south side and it was damn good.
3. This bar..Dugan's. It's an Irish bar in Greektown, that I used to frequent with one of my very best friends, Ian, all the time in college. He lived down the street and they had $1 beers on Mondays. So we would go out there after class, etc. and then eat a gyro and crash at his apartment. And then wake up at 9 am for our 9 am media law class and scramble for cash and a cab! I literally can't say enough about the good things and conversations that have happened at this place.
4. This soup. It is cream of chicken soup from a diner called Huck Finn's also on the south side. We were introduced to this by our friends...and legit can't get enough. We *dream* about soup like this and crave it. We don't know why or how it gets so yellow, and don't care.