So, Sarah, a/k/a this amazing, sassy broad behind Venus Trapped in Mars (which I say with lots of love, obvi), created a new blog award.....
summer essentials post, which naturally includes summer drinking essentials! You will love some of the steals I found on shorts, hats to hide your shame/drunk face, party tanks, sandals, etc.
Le Rules (since we're being so fancy & Frenchie) ::
- Acknowledge who nominated you
- Answer the 10 questions listed below
- Nominate 10 bloggers you think are excellent drinkers
- You can't nominate the blog that nominated you (But why would you? They clearly just answered the questions already)
- Don't make any more questions, everyone just answer these questions below... why are we making so many questions for this Leibster guy?
- If you are nominated, just answer the questions and nominate 10 more people. That is it.
- Why are there rules for this? Q&A. That is all.
1. What is your favorite drinking game, and why?
Probably the "finger game"...I have no idea what else it might be called, but it's fun and can be played anywhere you have alcohol! So you basically put a cup of whatever you're drinking in the center...a full beer, a mixed drink, half a solo cup of beer, whatever you want.
Then you can have as many people around it as you want. Each person puts a finger on the lip of the cup (so sometimes use an extra in case you have dirty friends). Say you have 7 people playing. One person starts and says, "1, 2, xxxx number". Then on that last number, everyone either pulls their finger off, or leaves it on.
So if you guess correctly the number of fingers left on the last number, you are "out" and thus immune from drinking the center drink. I.e. If you say, "1, 2, 4" and there are four fingers left, you are out and safe from chugging the center cup. As people go out, the last number you can call decreases with who is left in the game, so if there are five people left, you could only say, "1, 2, 5!" By the time you get to two people, it's better to put two fingers on and make it a little more exciting! Loser (winner?) has to drink the center drink!
2. It's your birthday, what is your idea of a perfect evening?
Wow this has changed a lot...umm my last birthday we went out to a really nice dinner with lots of wine for me. Probably ideally, dinner and drinks with friends and then more drinks on drinks. Vodka!
3. Money is no object, what is your go to drink at a bar?
Top shelf vodka and club soda with a lime. Simple. I will also sometimes try a cocktail off of a list, but usually they are too sweet for me!
4. How many times have you played "Edward 40 Hands"?
ONCE. That is all I ever needed, but I hear people love it.
5. Take this alcohol screening quiz here, what score did you receive?
20%, so not very exciting, but I think we should all be glad I basically failed the alcoholism test!
6. What is your favorite memory with alcohol?
K I will share two memories associated with pictures that I'm not totally ashamed of.
Post sailboat-rental on Lake Michigan, we had a sailboat rental, and this Italian named Captain Lorenzo sailed us around on his boat while we drank all day! We went through about a case of beer, a bottle of champs (I think?), a bottle of Skinnygirl Marg that turned into shots? Basically it ended with this...that's me in the hat..doing "crank that" by Soulja Boy. See? I'm wearing my shame covering fedora. Summer essentials, people, summer essentials.
Wino photo booth pics at our wedding with my bridesmaids. Told you I loved a good photo booth op, our wedding was no different!
7. What is your favorite song about drinking? Or song to drink to?
Hm probably "Drink on It" by Blake Shelton. Also, as Bryan just pointed out, "Whatever You Like" by T.I. It's mah jam.
8. What is your favorite activity to do while drinking (i.e. boating, bowling, golf, trivia, etc.)
Being with good friends at the pool or lake or whatever water we're by!
Lots of boozy summer pool days in Chciago full of beer, tequila, Greek wine my friend's dad made, basically whatever isn't in a glass container!
9. In your opinion, which is the number one party school in the country and why?
Wisconsin, duh. I didn't go there, but had plenty of friends who did, and even my mom has taught me ridiculous drinking games that she learned there at my dad's fraternity house in the 60s. Game day there in particular is a sight to behold...magical.
10. When do you know you've had too much to drink? What are your signals?
I get a little sassier and deeper....not at the same time, and depends on the crowd! One of my girlfriends in Chicago and I used to have epic wine nights on her balcony where we would go through maybe 3-4 bottles, ok sometimes like 6 I bet, and nights where we were up til 3 with work or school in the morning.
Also, my nose gets red! You could call me Rudolph when I've had a little too much!
I will now nominate...
ANYONE reading this who wants to answer this fun set of questions! I feel like most of my bloggy drinker friends have already been nominated, so go nuts guys!