Image Map

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I got a couple of comments about  the cookies from my post looked, and wanted to share the recipe!



The recipe can be found here at the Six Sisters' Stuff blog, which is where I discovered it on Pinterest!

A few notes/thoughts on these:



  • I only used about 1 cup of chocolate chips...it was what I had on hand, and I still think they're great!  Just had to make sure a few made it into each scoop
  • I used 1 cup of oats, but for some reason, my cookies do not have the same "look" that the photo shows on Pinterest. I would probably add more next time for extra texture--maybe 1 1/2 cups, see how the batter looks and go up from there, etc.
  • I had to use about 1 1/2 medium/small-ish bananas to get to half a cup, great banana taste, but not too overbearing!
  • I *did* use unsalted butter, as the recipe calls for, so that wasn't what changed the look/crisp of them, but either way, they taste great and I love them!  It was a great way to use up the leftover bananas from this week.
  • If you added in walnuts, these would be even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will always reply as long as you are not a no-reply blogger :)