1. Had a great weekend with my parents in town. Mom and I did some intense bird watching at at wildlife refuge..and by that I mean we drove the 7 mile auto tour loop and actually just saw a couple bobcats and a bird with pink wings! It was great bonding time though.
2. I made a perfect chocolate cake from scratch. No photos because it was devoured by all for my Dad's birthday. Also, the recipe is on the back of the Hershey's cocoa powder can if you are interested-I made it in two nine-inch round pans.
3. Buckwild premiered on MTV. I don't think I need to say a whole lot more besides I learned what "a holler" is, I learned how to make a dump truck into a pool (no step by step tutorial, but it seemed basic), and I learned that boys will just keep eating their BBQ chips if you try to accuse them of having relations in your bed with another girl. Standard MTV.
4. Livestrong's MyPlate site and app. Kind of into this so far--they have a TON of foods pre-loaded, like my Jimmy John's special order (I hate mayo and won't accept tracking cals for something I don't eat). I like tracking what I eat because it keeps me honest, so we'll see how this goes.
5. A bunch of great things got planned a little this week--the Houston Rodeo schedule came out, big yay for Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, and Pitbull, whhhat?! I decided I will probably fly back to Chicago in May for a two day trip, and best of all, five of my closest friends from WI booked flights to come and visit in April!
Linking with FMGD today! Happy Friday everyone!