Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Liebster! Round Uno

So, on Tuesday, a name-sharing new blogger friend of mine, Sarah at Limited Space Organizing nominated me for a Liebster award!  How incredibly surprising and nice to be recognized as a fun new blog!  Here are the rules of the Liebster:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to theblogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog   

Sarah's 11 questions for me:

1. (Obligatory) Why did you start blogging?  

Good question.  I had been reading some great blogs that I found via Pinterest (find me here) such as Kate @ The Small Things Blog and her sister Lauren's blog, From my Grey Desk.  So those inspired me a bit, and then my husband had always said, "You're so funny (sometimes), you should just start a blog and write about junk!"  Well, it was something to that effect.

2. What is your favorite thing to organize?
*big smirk* I would say I like to organize my personal agenda the most.  Our desk is a federal state of emergency area-I use it for working from home and we use it for our "stuff"-bills, etc.  My cabinets have things piled on top of each other...mess.  Just a mess.

3. What kind of friend/person are you?
I would say I'm a damn good friend, who is lucky to have a posse of equally amazing ladyfriends scattered all over the country now.

4. What is your favorite piece of clothing to wear?

This varies *so* frequently, I can't even begin.  Right now I'm digging my long skinnies from American Eagle that create a perfect cuff to go with flats or heels. 

5. What is your favorite project you have done?
Well, I'm not really a project expert, as I mostly DIY things I have seen on pinterest!  But, by far, my favorite and most used are my coasters-scrapbook paper modge podged onto 13-cent tiles from Home Depot!  Love the "party animal" paper-get it....animals...in party hats...!!
y'all are jealy for sure, i know, i know!
6. What is the best piece of advice you can give someone?
I don't think I should be giving anyone advice! I am not Oprah.  But, I will say that that becoming friends with my mom and not just being mom and daughter has been a wonderful experience, and I recommend it to anyone.

7. What is your favorite book and why?

 I actually had to go to my Goodreads page to see what I like.  The problem is that I almost always enjoy everything I read, as evident by my 3.88 average rating of over 100 books.  I love any book that has a transforming power to it-teaches me something new about the world/past, takes me on a journey (Harry Potter is probably my favorite in this sense), or just makes me think about things in a new light.

8. How did you come up with your blog name?

Well, my name is Sara.  And I live in Texas now.   And part of it was just trying to say "this is me, and how I live, and I also live in Texas, which sometimes is starting to play a role in how I live my life now."  

9. What is your favorite thing about blogging?

Yeesh, I guess having my own "place" to go really.  And tweaking my colors/layout constantly.  And deciding if I should go for it and get a professional design.  Not yet probably.

10. If you could eat any food for the rest of your life what would it be?
I could legit eat french toast and bacon all day, every day.  

11. What would you do if someone gave you one million dollars to spend however you like?

Honestly, I would buy a home (something reasonable but awesome), pay off my student loans, and save/invest the rest.  I'm boring like that.  Wait, I would also buy a Louis Vuitton Speedy 30. 

11 random facts about me:

1. I have known my husband for 13 years, and we met at a little league baseball field.  He played, and I sold concessions with my bestie (also my maid of honor 13 years later!)
2.  I hate seafood so much.  It's an issue of texture for me. Yes, I will try it.  But I will probably hate it.
3.  I am trying to learn to run!  Yes, I feel it's a "learning" situation.
4.  I love going grocery shopping.
5.  I am a person who says everything I like is "the best" "my favorite", "love it so hard", etc. 
6.  I love Wisconsin sports-go Packers, Badgers, and Brewers!
7.  I'm obsessed with Pottery Barn and can't wait til we have a house one day so I can do DIY PB projects.
8.  We are hopefully getting a dog this summer!
9.  I feel like 26 is a weird age-I'm an adult, but not really?
10.  I hold/am(????) a Master of Public Administration.
11.   I'm working on integrating more color into what I wear (yes this is a real thing/problem I have). 

And the 11 blogs I'm sharing the love to:

Y'all this was my most difficult part!  As a *very* new blogger, I really have focused on developing my ideas for my content, and trying to stay away from too many other blogs for fear of imprinting a little!  This has lead me to a bit of a drought in reading new, and smaller blogs.  Often times I find myself drawn to blogs that have massive followings.  I am working on this for Round Dos, which will follow soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Okay. So we not only have our names in common and our undying love for the Packers, BUT we also both don't like seafood, are having to "learn" how to run, we both have to try to wear color, and we both love to read! (Goodreads is my best friend when book shopping) You are awesome! I'm now following your blog, didn't know I wasn't? haha And I added both you and your blog on Twitter, but if you just want to do blog that's cool I understand! :)

    -Sarah
    limitedspaceorganizing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confirmed you on twitter! We are total twinsies--thanks for following too ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will always reply as long as you are not a no-reply blogger :)