Today, I'm sharing the recipe for these magical gems:
- 12 jalapenos (we fit exactly 24 halves in our 9x13 above)
- 1-8 oz. package of cream cheese (I used neufchatel actually) (let this soften up on the counter so it's mixable)
- 1 container of crumbled gorgonzola cheese (about 3/4 of a cup)
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Honey BBQ sauce (just a little, like 2 tablespoons)
- Slice, un-seed and trim up the jalapenos. You can leave in some seeds if you like them to stay spicy and hot!
- Mix the cream cheese and gorgonzola together in a bowl. Begin filling the jalapenos with the mixture. Bryan used a dip spreader for this step.
- Next, wrap each pepper in a half slice of bacon. So basically open your package of bacon, and cut it right in half down the center so that you have a bunch of shorter slices.
- Place all of the bacon-wrapped peppers into your baking dish or on your tray (we used a dish w/ a lid because we had to take them in the car)
- Dab a bit of barbecue sauce on top of each pepper...just a little will do! I used a little bamboo spreader thingy for this, but a pastry brush would work well too.
- We put these into our friend's toaster oven for about 15 minutes at 350, and then cranked them under the broiler for another 5 until the bacon was nice and crispy!
Six of us mowed these down in no time & we got rave reviews! Plus, they are so easy. Enjoy everyone!
:: Linking up ::