Image Map

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Weekender :: Vol. 8



So haven't really posted much about our weekends lately, but here's the wrap-up for this one!

Friday night...


Yummy glass of Tempranillo at dinner. There was also steak involved.


Then I maibs got attacked by Barley and snapped this pic. Yes, that is my baby blanket wrapped around my head. It comforts me AND protects my hair from being gnawed on.

Saturday morning we volunteered at a Cabrini yard sale my work was holding to raise money for our CEO's Christmas gift/donation in honor of him.  It was about 90 degrees by 11 when we left so I was glad we had a morning shift! 

After that, came home and baked some gross cookies we ended up throwing up, fail. And then also hosted an impromptu boy's gathering all afternoon.  

I maybe had this brandy manhattan...

Post that, my friend swooped me up and we went and got mani/pedis in a comedy of errors that included me wearing skinny black crops the ladies could barely pull up over my calves and my friend smudging her nail and then a toe nail. #failling

Toes are Sunday Funday by Essie...

Nails are just light pink shellac.


K so after that we met up with our gentlemen friends for our very good friend's last last dinner out before moving far away from us sweaty Houstonians. I say that because two weeks ago we took he and his wife out for dinner at Masraff's, which if you live here, GO and get a bison steak there immediately.

So anyways, we went to Pappacito's for a ridiculous amount of noms tex-mex and margs. Mine had some kind of blackberry liqueur situation floater on top of a regular marg. like 800 boozes and that's all you need to worry about.


Actually Bryan won with this Jalisco Tea he ordered, which is basically a tex mex Long Island. It was delish also. 


K so then we went to one of our favorite dive bars...we took a out a million pics, but sadly they are all on our friends camera and probably really unflattering. 

I did take a pic of this sign FINALLY to send to my lawyer friends. It always cracks me up in the ladies' room.


Fast forward to Sunday morning...in all my glory here at Trader Joe's struggling to buy groceries and wearing my friend from Chicago's sweet old t-shirt. 


Hot. Mess. Don't worry I also went to petsmart like this to get Barley's nails trimmed. I was also in an old pair of jean shorts. I'm literally offending myself as I type this. 


We got some quality snug time on the couch and then went to see "World War Z".  Which, ok. I basically felt anxious the whole time, I think normal people just say it was suspenseful but I have life issues so it was anxiety-producing instead. 

Honestly, ever since Brad Pitt adultered Jennifer Aniston, I basically only tolerate his movies if George Clooney is in them too.  That said, I'm definitely going to finish that book now. 

K so then I got crazy and made five dinners..well two but there was enough veggie chopping for five.


Stir fry we had last night. Chicken, snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, pineapple, some soy and teriyaki sauces and a little cornstarch to thicken it up. Omnomnom


Then I put together a crockpot full of soup for tonight-it's nothing fancy but its always so good. Potatoes, onion, carrots, tomatoes, basil, browned ground beef, barley (haha the grain not our dog), seasoning salt, bay leaves, water and a couple bouillon cubes. Add peas later for color and so they don't mush while it cooks.

Speaking of mush, look how grossly cute we are!  Just holding hands during Sunday night tv time. Like a bunch of sickos in love!


Oh, and to close our our weekend at 10 pm Sunday night, a MASSIVE cockroach appeared on our bathroom wall. I've never actually seen one indoors or up close, but Bryan gave it the business and even stood in the bathroom talking to me while I showered because I was scared of it. What a man.  

K so what summer movies did you see this weekend? Did you also "accidentally" mix tequila, beer, vodka, fireball and a delicious apple pie shot? But then recover and get your shit together to make a few meals and be a real person?! 



3 comments:

  1. Kind of jealous of all your delicious looking drinks from the weekend!!

    And cockroaches are the worst. We keep getting them in my office, and I'm always the lucky one who finds them. definitely gives me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually laughed out loud at my desk reading about barley in your soup :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will always reply as long as you are not a no-reply blogger :)