Image Map

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Strawberry Marg Jello Shots a/k/a Summer Perfection

Okkk so this is going to be maybe my best recipe share ever on the blog.

It is for the most delicious and easy jello shots I've ever made!

Strawberry. Margarita.  Made with Skinnygirl.



Yes. SKINNYGIRL. (Amongst all of our brown booze like brandy, bourbon and whiskey!)

So here's what you will need:

2 packages of strawberry jello (sugar free worked well for me!)
1 bottle of Skinnygirl margarita (or whatever your pre-made marg choice is, don't worry you only use 2 cups of it)
1-2 pints of strawberries, hulled out carefully (larger ones are better!)
Optional:  1 can of Straw-ber-Rita (we did use this)

Boil 2 cups of water and dissolve the jello packets in there.  Once it's dissolved, add in your 2 cups of Skinnygirl and optional, the can of Straw-ber-Rita (if using), and let that simmer for a couple minutes.

Have your strawberries ready to be filled, a/k/a don't try to be hulling them and filling them as you go, it's stressful...I mean maybe I sorta did that and ended up slicing up berries to the degree they were unusable!

If you aren't putting the shot in the strawberries, I highly recommend placing a berry in each of your mini plastic shot glasses, really classes the situation up and tastes awesome!



K, now the tough part...put them in the fridge and wait until you can enjoy the deliciousness poolside, lakeside, riverside, basically anywhere outside. 

See? Look how much happier I am with Jell-O shots in my life!!

I had lots more pictures but then I did something idiotic when I plugged my "new iPhone" into my computer for the first time ever (have had it for 3 months.) and now they are somewhere in the cloud! With all of my puppy pics too! 

Do you have a favorite jello shot?  Enjoy summer fun with these, guys! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will always reply as long as you are not a no-reply blogger :)